Thursday, January 20, 2011

Success!!

Kolbi has been potty trained for about a month now. She was my easiest to train so far. I was truly amazed at how well it went. I had talked to her about it a little bit because she hated getting her diaper changed. I told her she wouldn't have to wear a diaper and get it changed if she went in the potty. So for a few days she wanted to wear underwear but then was having accidents in them and didn't quite seem to understand the concept completely.

After 2 few days of accidents and her getting upset because she didn't like the feeling of her underwear getting dirty, I decided to just go back to diapers and thought we would try again in the future. She didn't want to have anything to do with diapers. She kept saying, "NO BIAPERS!!" (She can't say Diaper:)) Finally, I gave in and let her wear underwear. She was amazing and has only had two accidents since then. I am so thankful for her determined little attitude for things like this. She loves her underwear and has even been dry every night except for one when she was sick.

Public restrooms are always a frequent stop with a newly potty trained kid. Usually when we go in, I hold onto her knees and tell her it is to keep her from falling back. I also have her hold onto my hands (to keep her from touching the toilet). I tell her "I will hold you so you won't fall."

Well the other day we were in a public restroom and I needed to use the restroom also. So when I sat down, she put her hands on my knees and said, "I hold you so you don't fall. I take care of you and help!" It was the cutest thing. She is my little star and now a potty trained one!!

7 comments:

Joel and Crystal said...

Way to go Kolbi!!! And i love her name by the way!

Hallie Owens said...

We are jealous. Can you come back and help? J/K

beth said...

Congratulations! You are the most awesome potty trainer I've ever met! If you have a chance could you come by and potty train my kids? :)

Holly said...

YIPPEE!!!!! Congratulations Kolbi!

Diamond Evans said...

that is so amazing. She is such a great child.

millie said...

whoo hoo! i know i'm late reading this, but it's awesome!! no more diapers!

Jaime said...

Way to go!!! I'm sure I'm setting myself up for disaster, but I keep wondering if Corinne will be an early/easy potty trainer--she regularly tells me when she needs it changed (won't let me do it, but gotta start somewhere I suppose) and is completely obsessed with her big sister's underwear!!! :)