Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New Callings, birthday and Achievement Days

Time is really starting to fly for me lately!! I can't believe Kaylee turned 8 years old this weekend. (pics and post to follow after her baptism this weekend):)

About a month ago I was called as the 1st Counselor in the Primary Presidency. I was so excited because I love primary. So far the calling has been great! Yes, it has added some more things to schedule and time to make sure things I am supposed to do get done. What calling doesn't thought, right?!

Well, this weekend Kevin was called to be the Young Men's President. I was also excited about this calling because from the time he got the phone call asking him to meet with the bishop to the time I saw him after the meeting, I had been feeling like he was gonna get called as the Young Men's President. It was just something that had been going through my mind, so when he told me, I knew it was the right thing and the Lord was going to provide a way for him to accomplish it. I also have all the faith that our family will be able to schedule everything well and I know we will be blessed!!

So anyway, tonight Kaylee went to her first Activity Days (since she turned 8), Kyle went to scouts and Kevin went to Young Mens. What a weird feeling it has been for me to have just my 2 youngest at home. I can't believe we are entering this stage in life with my kids!! I love seeing my kids grow and become such great young people, but I also want to push the pause button!! I love my kiddos and my family!! I am so thankful that Heavenly Father trusts me enough to send these precious kids to me!!

8 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Miss Kaylee!!! Yippee on the new callings. You guys are wonderful!!

Hallie Owens said...

I can't believe Kaylee has turned 8 and she is getting baptized. How precious. Congratulations on your new callings. You two will do wonderful at them and will touch many lives like you did here. Miss you tons!

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Tiffany, Congratulations! Kevin will come to love that calling. One more year then Kyle can join him!
I am glad that you are excited for yours as well. I enjoy being in Primary too!
I guess several of us are in Primary Presidencies huh?

Aimee said...

You guys will be great at those callings! It's amazing how fast kids grow. It's exciting and sad at the same time. We miss you!

Lyndi Daly said...

I know how you feel with the pause button! You are a great in primary! The kids were in awe of you on sunday with chocolate syrup! WOW!:) Kevin will be a great pres too! I love that Kevin wears bow ties!:) So fun! Congrats Kaylee!!! Turning 8 is GREAT!

Trina said...

Good luck with the callings-you will both be great at those! Happy Birthday and baptism to Kaylee!

Natalie R. said...

Wow, it's crazy how time flies! Good luck with your new callings, those are fun ones! I can't wait to see pictures from the baptism, how exciting!

Orme Family said...

Sweet post! That is exciting about you and Kevin in your new callings. You guys are great examples. We miss you guys a lot! I bet Dave wishes he could vent to Kevin about residency life....it's been tough the last few months! I feel sorry for him a lot. By the way, on Sunday we did Skype with Michael in Grenada. It was so much fun! He looks the exact same, just bigger.