Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wonderful, White Weekend




My philosophy of winter is this...if it is gonna be cold, there better be enough snow to have fun in! Luckily, this weekend we finally got dumped on with snow and lot of it! Yippee!! It seems like since we have moved to Casper I am always hearing how cold it is and how much people hate the winters here. Winter here does not seem much different from what I remember growing up with in Idaho. The wind was a problem there as much as here...from what I remember. I guess Heavenly Father knew I wasn't gonna live in a warm place for my whole life. (Yes, I do miss Grenada and the wonderful beach:)) With all of that said...I love the snow and was happy to see it falling!

Kevin has had a horrible call schedule and we have been trying to treasure every minute we can spend with him. Saturday was his day "off" this week, so after he did his rounds on patients at the hospital and worked at the wresting match for a little bit, we took the kids up Casper Mountain to go cross country skiing. It was so much fun! Kolbi got to ride in a backpack on Kevin's back. It was Kyle and Kambria's first time and I think they had a great time!

Unfortunately, after Kambria had been skiing for about 1/2 hour her boot kept coming undone and she couldn't keep it on. I stayed back with her and tried to help her boot situation, but the velcro just would not stay. So, Kambria and I skiied back to the lodge. We waited there for the rest of the family to return.

When they got back to the lodge, Kolbi was ready to get warm. She was a great sport and did wonderful. It was so much fun spending time together and doing something to celebrate the snow! The kids have been watching the Olympics lately and when they were done skiing, Kyle and Kaylee said they felt like they could be Olympians! :) Gotta love their confidence!!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Looks and sounds like a ton of fun. Glad you had a great time with the family. Love you guys!

Dustin and Melissa Monroe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dustin and Melissa Monroe said...

What a fun way to celebrate the snow! I agree with you 100% - if it is going to be cold, it should snow! We are freezing in Manhattan and we have only had snow twice. It would be nice if it snowed at least once more before winter is over so we can go sledding in the park on a Saturday afternoon. As a California girl, I have never been sledding and I would love to try it out!

Stay warm this winter!

Aimee said...

So fun! Cute pictures, too!

Diamond Evans said...

Wow if only I had the courage children do. You are all amazing and Kolbi is getting so cute. It is weird to not here children so much. There are now three children in our ward and two of them hardly ever make noise and one is a new born baby.